What does success mean to you?
Is it a lot of money? Cars? Traveling? Being with family? Doing what you love?
Society has had the notion that success means having a lot of money, and maybe that’s success for some people, but not for everyone.
Part of success to me means doing work I love doing, helping others along the way and surrounding myself with family and good friends.
Success is only a word that has a different meaning to everyone.
There isn’t “One” way of achieving success, there are multiple.
So one of the most important questions you can ask yourself is, “What does success mean to me?”
49 Quotes on Success
1) “So first we gotta define success for ourselves then we have to put in the work to maintain it, take that daily tally. Tend our garden. Keep the things that are important to us in good shape.”
2) ”Success is walking from failure to failure with no loss of enthusiasm.”
3) “The greatness of a man is not how much wealth he acquires, but in his ability to affect those around him around him positively.”
4) “There are many aspects to success; material wealth is only one component. …But success also includes good health, energy and enthusiasm for life, fulfilling relationships, creative freedom, emotional and psychological stability, a sense of well-being, and peace of mind.”
5) “It is better to fail in originality than to succeed in imitation.”
6) “Success is really nothing more than the progressive realization of a worthy ideal. This means that any person who knows what they are doing and where they are going is a success. Any person with a goal towards which they are working is a successful person.”
7) “Success is not the key to happiness. Happiness is the key to success. If you love what you are doing, you will be successful.”
8) “Many of life’s failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up.”
9) “You know you are on the road to success if you would do your job, and not be paid for it.”
10) “I’m a success today because I had a friend who believed in me and I didn’t have the heart to let him down.”
11) “Success is not how high you have climbed, but how you make a positive difference to the world.”
Roy T. Bennett
12) “All you need in this life is ignorance and confidence; then success is sure.”
13) “It is hard to fail, but it is worse never to have tried to succeed.”
14) “A man is a success if he gets up in the morning and gets to bed at night, and in between he does what he wants to do.”
15) “Judge your success by what you had to give up in order to get it.”
Dalai Lama XIV
16) “The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather a lack in will.”
17) “Our greatest fear should not be of failure but of succeeding at things in life that don’t really matter.”
18) “Winners are not afraid of losing. But losers are. Failure is part of the process of success. People who avoid failure also avoid success.”
Robert T. Kiyosaki
19) “The foundation stones for a balanced success are honesty, character, integrity, faith, love and loyalty.”
20) “I find the best way to love someone is not to change them, but instead, help them reveal the greatest version of themselves.”
21) “Success does not consist in never making mistakes but in never making the same one a second time.”
George Bernard Shaw
22) “The only time you fail is when you fall down and stay down.”
23) “Success is a state of mind. If you want success, start thinking of yourself as a success.”
24) “And will you succeed? Yes indeed, yes indeed! Ninety-eight and three-quarters percent guaranteed!”
25) “I’ve had great success being a total idiot. ”
26) “Eighty percent of success is showing up.”
27) “I have learned that success is to be measured not so much by the position that one has reached in life as by the obstacles which he has overcome while trying to succeed.”
Booker T. Washington
28) “People rarely succeed unless they have fun in what they are doing.”
29) “Possessions, outward success, publicity, luxury – to me these have always been contemptible. I believe that a simple and unassuming manner of life is best for everyone, best for both the body and the mind.”
30) “To be independent of public opinion is the first formal condition of achieving anything great.”
31) “Success means we go to sleep at night knowing that our talents and abilities were used in a way that served others.”
32) “The way of success is the way of continuous pursuit of knowledge.”
33) “Action is the foundational key to all success.”
34) “One important key to success is self-confidence. An important key to self-confidence is preparation.”
35) “I attribute my success to this—I never gave or took any excuse.”
36) “I know the price of success: dedication, hard work and an unremitting devotion to the things you want to see happen.”
Frank Lloyd Wright
37) “Coming together is a beginning; keeping together is progress; working together is success.”
38) “Your true success in life begins only when you make the commitment to become excellent at what you do.”
39) “I’ve failed over and over and over again in my life—and that is why I succeed.”
40) “Success comes from knowing that you did your best to become the best that you are capable of becoming.”
41) “Without continual growth and progress, such words as improvement, achievement, and success have no meaning.”
42) “What is success? I think it is a mixture of having a flair for the thing that you are doing; knowing that it is not enough, that you have got to have hard work and a certain sense of purpose.”
43) “For success, attitude is equally as important as ability.”
44) “Would you like me to give you a formula for success? It’s quite simple, really: Double your rate of failure. You are thinking of failure as the enemy of success. But it isn’t at all. You can be discouraged by failure or you can learn from it, so go ahead and make mistakes. Make all you can. Because remember that’s where you will find success.”
Thomas J. Watson
45) “The real test is not whether you avoid this failure, because you won’t. It’s whether you let it harden or shame you into inaction, or whether you learn from it; whether you choose to persevere.”
46) “The successful warrior is the average man, with laser-like focus.”
47) “Character cannot be developed in ease and quiet. Only through experience of trial and suffering can the soul be strengthened, ambition inspired, and success achieved.”
48) “If you really look closely, most overnight successes took a long time.”
49) “Don’t be distracted by criticism. Remember–the only taste of success some people get is to take a bite out of you.”
6 thoughts on “Define Success For Yourself and 49 Quotes”
Thank you for these! I’d love to quote you, and your 49 quotes, in one of my blogs, soon. 🙂
While I can’t say that I agree with each of the 49 quotes, I do concur with many of them.
And that’s precisely why you’re wise in offering a kaleidoscope of so many…
As individuals we are characterised, I believe, by the very variety of our preferences, our choices, our pathways. Amen to that – that’s what makes us each unique. Hurrah!
LikeLiked by 1 person
That sounds great! Feel free to quote me 🙂
Thank you for your words. I really like the comparison of my writing as a kaleidoscope. I do lean toward certain ideas but try to write objectively as much as possible.
Unique each of us are!
Hi coachtblog!, I’m glad to know your great blog!. I’ll be enjoying all of your work.
There is so many people that bring light to the world , and it seems you are one ef them!.
LikeLiked by 1 person
Thank you guscorallo!
LikeLiked by 1 person