1) Follow your bliss and the universe will open doors where there were only walls.
2) How do you find the divine power in yourself? The word enthusiasm means ‘filled with a god,’ so what makes you enthusiastic? Follow it. So I have a little word: follow your bliss. The bliss is the message of God to yourself. That’s where your life is.
3) To find your own way is to follow your bliss. This involves analysis, watching yourself and seeing where real deep bliss is — not the quick little excitement, but the real deep, life-filling bliss.
4) I have found that you have only to take that one step toward the gods, and they will then take ten steps toward you. That step, the heroic first step of the journey, is out of, or over the edge of, your boundaries, and it often must be taken before you know that you will be supported.
5) The cave you fear to enter holds the treasure you seek. Fear of the unknown is our greatest fear. Many of us would enter a tiger’s lair before we would enter a dark cave. While caution is a useful instinct, we lose many opportunities and much of the adventure of life if we fail to support the curious explorer within us.
6) The world is full of people who have stopped listening to themselves or have listened only to their neighbors to learn what they ought to do, how they ought to behave, and what the values are they should be living for.
7) There are something like 18 billion cells in the brain alone. There are no two brains alike; there are no two hands alike; there are no two human beings alike. You can take your instructions and your guidance from others, but you must find your own path.
8) Breaking out is following your bliss pattern, quitting the old place, starting your hero journey, following your bliss. You throw off yesterday as the snake sheds its skin.
9) Questing is not an ego trip; it is an adventure to bring into fulfillment your gift to the world, which is yourself. There is nothing you can do that’s more important than being fulfilled. You become a sign, you become a signal, transparent to transcendence; in this way you will find, live, become a realization of your own personal myth.
10) You enter the forest at the darkest point, where there is no path…Where there is a way or path, it is someone else’s path. You are not on your own path. If you follow someone else’s way, you are not going to realize your potential.
11) Following your bliss is not self-indulgent, but vital; your whole physical system knows that this is the way to be alive in this world and the way to give to the world the very best that you have to offer. There IS a track just waiting for each of us and once on it, doors will open that were not open before and would not open for anyone else.
12) What I think is that a good life is one hero journey after another. Over and over again, you are called to the realm of adventure, you are called to new horizons. Each time, there is the same problem: do I dare? And then if you do dare, the dangers are there, and the help also, and the fulfillment or the fiasco. There’s always the possibility of fiasco. But there’s also the possibility of bliss.
13) If you can see your path laid out in front of you step by step, you know it’s not your path. Your own path you make with every step you take. That’s why it’s your path.
14) The achievement of the hero is one that he is ready for and it’s really a manifestation of his character. It’s amusing the way in which the landscape and conditions of the environment match the readiness of the hero. The adventure that he is ready for is the one that he gets.
15) When you are on the right path, invisible hands will come to your aid.
16) Follow your bliss. If you do follow your bliss, you put yourself on a kind of track that has been there all the while waiting for you, and the life you ought to be living is the one you are living. When you can see that, you begin to meet people who are in the field of your bliss, and they open the doors to you. I say, follow your bliss and don’t be afraid, and doors will open where you didn’t know they were going to be. If you follow your bliss, doors will open for you that wouldn’t have opened for anyone else.
17) Follow your inner heart and the world moves in and helps.
18) When you go through life…it all seems accidental at the time it is happening. Then when you get on in your 60s or 70s and look back, your life looks like a well-planned novel with a coherent theme…Incidents that seemed accidental, pure chance, turn out to be major elements in the structuring of this novel. Schopenhauer says, ‘Who wrote this novel? You did.’
19) A hero ventures forth from the world of common day into a region of supernatural wonder. Fabulous forces are there encountered and a decisive victory is won.
Have you ever made decisions based on what you thought other people were thinking of you?
It happens to all of us at some point, but the funny thing is, if we knew others’ thoughts, we’d find out they probably weren’t thinking of us!
Many people rely on other people for a sense of their self-esteem and self-importance.
EGO in this article is defined as a person’s sense of self-esteem or self-importance.
When we live by the ego our happiness depends on external approval. We will always be searching for more, wanting more, and never having ‘enough.’
The ego thinks in terms of how others perceive itself. The ego believes that you are successful when you have more or do more than another person. Our true self is happy when we are working on genuinely bettering ourself.
Comparison is a big disappointment & a quality of the ego. I have found myself to be much happier when I stop comparing myself to others.
Expectations can also lead to disappointment.
The moments pass you by as you await a ‘better’ future. This is a delusion that so many people fall into because when the future comes, are you enjoying it?
Or are you still awaiting a better better future?
That’s the ego.
Why awaken ego?
Once it becomes awakened, it can’t fully go back to sleep/unconscious living.
All the answers won’t just come to you, but you will be on your way to a more intentional life, as I am on the same journey. Far from perfect but living and learning.
As you become more self-aware, aware of how you’ve been acting through your ego, you will begin to realize how much potential you really have and how much time you have been wasting on meaningless experiences.
I have wasted lots of time dwelling in wondering what others might be thinking of me. As I began to let go of what they might be thinking I have found myself feeling truly alive in bliss & liberation.
When you realize that even though your eyes have been open, you may have been asleep, you will begin to awake.
Here we are. Join me on this journey of living life to the fullest. My name is Ken Thompson and I will be posting a wide range of content: Motivation, tips and tricks of the most successful, book reviews, traveling stories, and much more.
I hope to add value to your life and give you knowledge on how to live to your fullest potential! But remember, knowledge is only potential power, EXECUTION is the real power.